Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"ACT! failed to save the current company, would you like to reload the company?"

Bronze Contributor

"ACT! failed to save the current company, would you like to reload the company?"

ACT! 2010 + SP! + HF1:

Anytime I change the fax or the 800# on a company record and save it, ACT! asks "Would you like to update contacts linked to this company with the change you made? ", if I answer yes, I then get teh above error  "ACT! failed to save the current company, would you like to reload the company?".  If I answer Yes, it resets the company back to what it was before I updated it, if I answer no it doesn't update the linked contacts.  If I don't touch the fax or 800# fields but update othe fields (address, etc), it updates linked contacts just fine.

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "ACT! failed to save the current company, would you like to reload the company?"

Hello Kevin,

I tested this issue in ACT! 2010 with the demo, and was not able to duplicate it. So it may be database or machine related. Have you run the following repairs and rebuilds on the database?

- Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair

- ACT! Diagnostics - All Database Rebuilds, Database Fixes/Phone Formatting/Apply Phone Mask

Does this happen in the Demo database on your system? Does it happen on more than one machine?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: "ACT! failed to save the current company, would you like to reload the company?"

I've just encountered this same error message.

Sage ACT! Premium 2013 15.1.108.0.

Running ACT! Diag, doing a check, repair, reindex, rebuild of schema has fixed this for me.