Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

putting DB on server????

putting DB on server????

I am an Act! 2008 (V 10.0 Preimium) user who just created a  new database.  I want to put it on our server so 3 other users can access & sync to it.

What do I need to do before I send it to our admin? I am not sure how the "my record" functions work.

Thanx!

R
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: putting DB on server????

You did not specify, if you will have four users of the ACT! program, you will need a total of four licenses. Then you will need to install a copy of the ACT! program on the server and do a backup of the database from your system and do a restore as in a shared folder on the server.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

We have sufficent licewnses and have the server software running and have tested another DB.

My question should have read " is there anything special I need to do before I backup and send the zip file to the admin?"

Thanx
R
Nickel Elite Contributor

No. They will need the user name and password to do the Restore As and it will need to be restored with a different name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

An addition to Roy:

Please note that by doing so, you only have send in your Act database for archival purposes (backup), and by doing so you are not able to work in the database on both sides (that is: on your site AND on the administrators site).

Please do not mistake this procedure for being able to sync the database!

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka The Dutch Betatester

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'