Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

problems upgrading to ACT! 2011 premium on Win 2008 R2

problems upgrading to ACT! 2011 premium on Win 2008 R2

We have been running ACT! Premium 2010 on a virtual Windows 2008 R2 server. We're trying to upgrade to ACT! Premium 2011 and have been getting numerous errors with the SQL part of the installation. The MS SQL Server 2008 fails unless we uninstall .NET Framework 4 which has been available for over a year. After getting past that hurdle, I was able to install both SQL and ACT! but I'm unable to successfully upgrade the database. 

One thing I noticed during the SQL install was "32bit" name on many of the files. Our 2008 R2 server is, of course, 64-bit. The Sage literature and web site does not say whether Windows 2008 R2 is supported.  Only that Windows 2008 SP2 is supported. Is ACT! Premium 2011 compatible with Windows 2008 R2?

Is the  MS SQL Server 2008 Express R2 installed from ACT! install disk a 32 or 64-bit? How can I confirm that it installed the correct version? 

I've gotten numerous errors, most of which end with a message about the admin account being unlocked. Is there a particular thread on ACT! Premium 2010 to 2011 upgrades? especially installs on Win Server 2008 R2? 

Re: problems upgrading to ACT! 2011 premium on Win 2008 R2

If upgrade fails please manully remove all the old version of ACT and SQL,Install it from scratch only then there will not be any errors,ACT is 32-Bit software so Its recommended that we install 32-Bit although the OS is 64-Bit

Re: problems upgrading to ACT! 2011 premium on Win 2008 R2

Thank you for responding, but I ran into errors when installing the  MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express portion of ACT! on a clean Windows Server 2008 R2 which had no ACT! installed on it. Actually ACT! 2011 installs fine. The issue is with the SQL. I see you have 7 posts.  Are you speaking from personal experience? Have YOU installed ACT! Premium 2011 with their version of MS SQL on a Windows Server 2008 R2?  Has anyone on this forum successfully done that?

The SAGE documentation says to run all MS updates before upgrading/installing ACT! 2011 but I found that the new .NET Framework 4.0 interferes with the installation of the SQL. Has anyone else experienced that issue? I had to rename some folders or uninstall  .NET Framework 4.0 to get past the errors.

I'd like to see DOCUMENTATION on ACT! compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2. Where does SAGE have anything in print about ACT! 2011 support or compatibility on Windows Server 2008 R2? Windows Server 2008 R2 has been available for over a year; it's not a brand new operating system. I'd like some official word from SAGE about their support before I spend any more hours trying to get the MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express part of ACT! 2011 running.