Search instead for 
Do you mean 

problem using email, wont send

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

problem using email, wont send

[ Edited ]
I have ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) and am trying to use Outlook 2007 with it. I used the Act wizard to set it up. It opens fine (but slow) in Act. When I click to send the message, the email window closes, and the outlook icon in my taskbar turns grey with an x. Nothing sends. If I want to send it I have to reopen outlook on its own to actually be able to send the message. No errors are popping up and Act is recording the emails in the history fine. What have I done wrong? I have Avast and tried turning off the Outlook/Exchange shield to make sure it wasnt that, it didnt help. Any ideas?
Message Edited by kmsweb on 01-08-2010 08:27 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmsweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Fixed: problem using email, wont send

Fixed it. I had to make it where Outlook would start with windows. To do this I added a shortcut for outlook in my "startup" folder located in "program files", and set it to start in a minimized state (had to do all this in windows explorer). Restarted my computer, right clicked on the outlook icon in my taskbar and selected "hide when minimized" so its always running but not in my face. I also set Outlook to automatically send and receive - "tools" "options" "send/receive..." under setting for group I selected "include this group" and "schedule an automatic send/receive" and the same for the "when outlook is offline". So now its working for me.

I didn't really use Outlook before this because I was always using my online Yahoo business email account so I didn't have it set to start up with Windows. So everytime I tried using it through ACT! it would just put the email in the outbox and close Outlook. the ACT! add on would make it hang on the taskbar with a grey icon & x.

Hope this helps anyone else having this prob. It just took me a week to realize what was going on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmsweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Fixed: problem using email, wont send

Fixed it. I had to make it where Outlook would start with windows. To do this I added a shortcut for outlook in my "startup" folder located in "program files", and set it to start in a minimized state (had to do all this in windows explorer). Restarted my computer, right clicked on the outlook icon in my taskbar and selected "hide when minimized" so its always running but not in my face. I also set Outlook to automatically send and receive - "tools" "options" "send/receive..." under setting for group I selected "include this group" and "schedule an automatic send/receive" and the same for the "when outlook is offline". So now its working for me.

I didn't really use Outlook before this because I was always using my online Yahoo business email account so I didn't have it set to start up with Windows. So everytime I tried using it through ACT! it would just put the email in the outbox and close Outlook. the ACT! add on would make it hang on the taskbar with a grey icon & x.

Hope this helps anyone else having this prob. It just took me a week to realize what was going on.