Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

premium 2011 freezes at logon page

premium 2011 freezes at logon page

I have premium 2011. a couple of my databases have started to freeze on the logon page. the blue bar gets to logon complete then just frezes. I am running this on a single computer (windows 7) to outside access or remote or anything like that.

I read a past post where someone had a similar prob and they created a new database then were able to import records from the database that wouldnt open. I did that and it worked (4 hours later). Then as soon as I close the new database that has the imported records same thing happens to it. (frezes at logon complete). tried creating another 3rd database... samething..

I have some databases that open fine but this is starting to become a real scary issue because as Im sure is the case with alot of you this database is my livelyhood.

I am also looking for a ACT technition in the southern California (San Diego) area to help with some other issues but this one is by far the most important right now.

Any help??? Please....

Matt-

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: premium 2011 freezes at logon page

Hello Matt,
This may be due to a damaged preferences file. Follow the steps in the bottom section of this Knowledgebase article to manually rebuild the file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Regarding a consultant, you can look for an ACC in your area here: http://na.sage.com/Sage-ACT/Partners/certified-consultants

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greg.

That looks scary. I have waaay  to much work in this database to risk it with my limited knowledge of computers.. I would end up deleting something wrong and never seeing any of it again.

Thanks for the link I will try to find a technician in my area who knows what they are doing.

If I buy the new version would that allow these to open or will I most likely have the same problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Matt,
I understand your concern, but nothing in that file location affects your database. Your data is in a completely separate location.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.