Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

photos showing up upside down

photos showing up upside down

I have a photo field in my contact layout when inserting photos they show up, upside down. when in explorer (using windows 10) they are normal.  I have to edit them and change them a little to get them to show up with correct rotation.

Employee

Re: photos showing up upside down

Hi, 

Could you please confirm what version of Act! you have (Help>About Act) and whether it is Pro, Premium or Cloud. Also, how are you adding the picture field and does this happen with all images?

sorry clarification

windows 10, act! v18 Premium

edited the contact layout, added a picture field for business cards.  when adding the picture sometimes not all the time they are upside down.

when looking at them in windows explorer, or photo they are correct.  They may have been rotated at one time but viewing them in any other program they are correct.  I have to go into photo shop edit the photo someway and resave it then it works.  I noticed if i clear the image and then try to open it in photo shop it says it's open in another program.  i have to delete the complete contact, then after editing the photo resaving it, then i can insert it.

hope this makes sense, thank you for your assistance.

Administrator

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Does the issue occur for any image you try to set for a contact?
Could you please attach one of the images you are having this issue with so I can test.
Copper Super Contributor

Was the photos taken with a mobile phone, ie iPhone? If so it is showing up the same way that the phone was held when the photo was taken!

The photo is saving information about the direction, might be possible to edit or view the photo in Windows and take a screenshot that you save as your photo

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden

They are business cards scanned on an Epsom printer. Then sometimes rotated correctly.  The weird thing is looking at a folder with all the cards they look fine, properties are fine but randomly when inserted they show up, upside down.