Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

outlook sync preferences grayed out

outlook sync preferences grayed out

ACT Outlook sync preferences are grayed out for contacts and calendar.  I have tried recommended fixes on the community.  I don't know what to do. please help Using ACT Premium v19 & Outlook 2016.

Darrel

Re: outlook sync preferences grayed out

Hi Darrel,

I would like to ensure that an Address Book has been added. this can normally be seen from the top half of the preferences and if not you can press the 'Change...' button which will allow you to select it.

after this is done the other options should be available.

Hello Horn thank you for your reply.  Yes an address book has been selected. I am in a network environment if that has anything to do with it.  I have always been on a network, in V13 this worked well.  We just upgraded to V19 & Office 2016.  Do not synchronize is all I see and that is grayed out.

Do you know which security role your user has. you can find this from 'Help > About Act! > Database Information > Security role' Restricted / Browse users will  have the drop down greyed out. 

if your role is higher then I would pressing the 'Change' button to ensure it is logged on to the same user.

Hello Horn, thank you again for your reply.  I checked and I am the administrator.  I spoke with my IT person yesterday who advised me that the situation may be that we have two servers and I have access to both of them.  He was going to see about correcting that.  I don't know if he is correct be he will try.