Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

outlook resources

outlook resources

There is a small group of Act users in the office. They are using Act Premium 2008.

In Outlook 2003, we can setup meetings and select a conference room as a resource account. That will book the conference room so everyone knows it's occupied. For the Act users, how can we set it up so they can also select those resource accounts in Outlook. So when they setup a meeting in Act and book a conference room, it'll also get updated on the exchange server. Thank you in advance.

-Hels
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: outlook resources

Booking resources is a function only available in the Premium versions of ACT!... but I don't think even that will also update Exchange
Copper Contributor

Mike,

I support your post. We're running Act Premium with Outlook. This field is not being updated. It looks as if act is not doing any thing at all with these fields (and according to the way act is designed, it should indeed behave like this).

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka "The Dutch Betatester"

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'

Dutchbetatester wrote:
Mike,

I support your post. We're running Act Premium with Outlook. This field is not being updated. It looks as if act is not doing any thing at all with these fields (and according to the way act is designed, it should indeed behave like this).

ACT! is only using the Resource fields for tracking the resources with ACT! users.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

thanks guys... to be honest i was pretty disappointed about the answer. I'll have to find a way around this somehow.

-hels

You might ask the guys at CompanionLink if they have plans to add resources to the items they sync with DoubleLook

If they do, and you purchase from them, use the code GL6766 - it will save you a few dollars