Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

outlook grayed out as option for email client on a remote user

outlook grayed out as option for email client on a remote user

I have my database  on my server. I am running Act 2010 on all machines.  A remote computer in another city accesses the database by logging in to my server. He can see the database fine.  I am running my email through microsoft exchange. I use outlook for my email client on all the local machines and it works fine. However when i try to set up outlook on the remote machine, the only options I see are "internet mail ' and "outlook express" even though outlook is loaded on the remote machine. HElp!
Silver Contributor

Re: outlook grayed out as option for email client on a remote user

Ok, let me take a crack at this.  Your user is using remote desktop and logging into the server where he then open's up ACT and uses it.  I'm assuming that outlook is on his local machine and possibly that you are trying to send email out through your local machine.  Correct? 

If so, ACT is only seeing the programs installed on the sever and I'm guessing that Outlook isn't set up there. That is why you don't see it as an option. ACT And Outlook have to be installed on the same machine.

Consider installing ACT locally on his macine and either opening ACT accross the vpn, or setting up an ACT sync databasase on his local machine.

If my assumptions are correct, this should fix your problem.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider