Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

out of memory

Copper Contributor

out of memory

Sage Act Premium 2011

Getting out of memory errors on multiple machines. Here is the error from eventvwr

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 13.0.401.0, P3 4c6cde36, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889dc80, P7 41b3, P8 a3, P9 system.outofmemoryexception, P10 NIL.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Hanging application ActSage.exe, version 13.0.401.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: out of memory

If you are integrated with Outlook, one possible cause could be the Outlook e-mail history recording function having a lot of 'not attached' e-mails in it's queue.  You can check this by double clicking on the icon in the system tray (icon is an envelope) and checking the Not Attached tab.  If there are a lot of e-mails listed, delete them (can use block commands to do multiples).

If that isn't the issue, are there a lot of other programs open at the same time? 

Monitor the Task Manager / Processes tab to determine how much memory each program is using and to monitor increases. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Not many other programs open, just a few generic ones. yahoo im, a phone mgr software, thats about it.

We dont use any outlook sync, in fact I think its turned off.

It seems to me like as they go thru records, probably 1 record every minute or two(adding notes, making followups), the memory used by act gets too large then act throws an error after an hour or two, if I throw more memory at the machine, more than 2gb, the errors still happen but it can take upwards of 4hrs before getting a memory error.

Nickel Contributor

I would recommend upgrading to 2011 SP1 HF4, you are running a rather old release of ACT! V2011 (V13.0).
13.1.111 HF4 is the most current release and I have not seen this behaviour on any of my client sites.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Copper Contributor

I've upgraded to SP1 and HF4. Still having the issue on multiple machines.

To give an example, I had a user keep ACT open before he left. At the end of the day, ACT is using 1,281,884K, and ACT froze on this machine a few hours ago.

My reps probably make 100+ calls a day, which would include a handful of lookups, they note every call, use the act dialer, etc.

Here's a SS of memory usage.

Copper Contributor

Any replies to this? Anyone have any ideas? I've increased virtual memory on most of the machines to 8GB but we still get act errors at least once a day. My brand new machines give act memory errors at least once a day, win7 x64, i3 or i5, 4GB.

Should we just start looking for a different software that can handle our volume? Or is there something we are doing wrong?