Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'object reference not set to an instance of an object' error on Sage ACT 2013 Premium after exiting on Windows 10

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

'object reference not set to an instance of an object' error on Sage ACT 2013 Premium after exiting on Windows 10

Hi I have the above issue everytime the ACT is closed. I then reinstalled ACT and still same error comes up.  This error is not related to the database as still getting the error when no databases are open but as soon as ACT is closed (exit). 

ACT Premium 2013 with SP1 and Hot Fix 3 version: 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

Please let me know how to rectify this issue? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' error on Sage ACT 2013 Premium after exiting on Windows 10

This is known message when closing Act! with Windows 10.

It doesn't do any know harm and is being addressed by the dev team.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' error on Sage ACT 2013 Premium after exiting on Windows 10

This is known message when closing Act! with Windows 10.

It doesn't do any know harm and is being addressed by the dev team.

David Shaw
Copper Contributor

Hi dshaw111

Appreciate your reply. I'll wait for a fix then.

I would also like to know if this happens in all Win 10 PCs, if so then I can postpone Win 10 upgrades as users may find this popup message annoying. Thank you.

Bronze Super Contributor

I believe it will occur for Act! running in Windows 10 so you might want to postpone the W10 upgrade.

David Shaw
Copper Contributor

I thought the Hotfix resolved this problem based on the release notes?  I tried installing the hotfix but same problem remains, get the error message when closing Act v17.2 Premium.

Silver Super Contributor

It's possible that the error is now being caused by an addon.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Employee

[ Edited ]
Hi ! It seems Development team has found  the root cause and a solution for this issue.. You can expect a hot fix as soon as possible..
The hotfix0 available right now fixes the act crashing on clicking on document tab issue.. So the next hot fix as far as I know does fix the issue object reference error when closing act, which shld be hotfix1 and again as far as I know, the hot fix can be expected with in the next 7-8 days maximum
You can check for hotfixes and updates from act.com website
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573/kw/Updates

Check the link above that confirms the hotfix 1

I got this same message yesterday when I was adding a new field to the "Companies" while editing the layout.  I changed my mind about the new field but I could do anything because this error kept popping up.  I finally just cntrlaltdel and closed Act.  Just thought I would mention it.

Did a fix for this issue in Act 2013 ever get created or has this version of Act been left in the dark ages?

Copper Contributor

I think this version is left in the dark ages. We still have this issue.