Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

not all data syncing

Tuned Listener

not all data syncing

Hi, having a lot of problems with data syncing (or not). How does act determine what data needs to be sent as I have a remote database that completed a sync seemingly ok but not all opportunities or tasks were sent. Also if I find some data that has not been sent, how can I force that data to be sent on the next sync. As one example, in the publisher database I removed all opportunities, but in the remote database the opportunities have not been removed after several syncs. (I also changed the users security role to admin on the publisher DB but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.) Any help would be appreciated Cheers Pat
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: not all data syncing

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?

You can see what data is supposed to sync in the Sync Set

The only way to resend is to cut a fresh RDB... this is probably a good idea, then watch the sync logs for a while and see if it happens again

you might also use ACTDIAG to do data repair including rebuilding the sync objects.

Tuned Listener

Hi, I'm using ACT Premium 8.0.2.82. One example of my sync issues is when I delete opportunities from the publisher database it does not delete them from the remote DB after a sync. (I thought this might be due to permissions for the remote DB user so I changed this on the publisher DB but the new permissions didn't seem to sync either.) In addition I struggle to get anything good from the logs, it may say 5 contacts updated and 2 exceptions, how can I tell which contacts were updated and what the exceptions were? Cheers Patrick
Platinum Elite Contributor

I've usually found that when changing user permissions for the main user of a remote, you need to re-cut the RDB.

You might also try adding hotfix 4 from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3glbsh