01-08-2012 08:37 PM
I am new to act as we just converted from Goldmine 6.7 to act2011 premium.
when we did our conversion our category field that we had in Goldmine became the ID/Status field. We use this field(category) in Goldmine to build group based on our distributors and then we would use email to email these groups.
I have having a hard time figuring out (and it is probably staring me in the face) how to create group in Act. We have for example abc company which has 200 location and we have the ID field that has been coded as ABC. Now we want to create a group based on the ID called ABC.
Can any one help ?
As well once the group is created I want to be able to email this group. So I need to figure out how to make this group active for emailing. Again can anyone help me please.
01-09-2012 08:38 AM
There are several options when creating a Group, here is an article with detailed instructions for the options: KB Article 12864
Groups can be e-mailed to; the most common procedure is to right click on a Group name > select 'Create Lookup' > then you can send an e-mail to the 'Current Lookup'.
01-10-2012 12:19 PM
01-11-2012 02:06 PM - edited 01-11-2012 02:11 PM
Thanks all for the help and advice.
I have though still a few simple questions.
1) when quick attaching and the email attaches to the customer record. How can we see the complete full HTML email within act ? it shows me the email BUT if there are any pictures of items or log is becomes a url link.
2) when quick attaching an email and replying to the email is there a way in the Hostory to see which email came in and which email were outgoing ?
3) when I quick attach an email and in Outlook it has several PDF documents as attachments. In Act it only shows me an msg link which when I click on it it opens outlook and shows me this email. How can I show these pdf attachments in act ?
4) when an email come in from a customer and we have logged in act an email account for this customer BUT the email that just came in came from his/her other email account. (secondary email account for business) How can I tell act when I want to attach to the contacts that it should be save under this customer even though in act we have their other email on file.
5) when clicking on the history and you pick a specific email(history) you need to reply to. where do you go to reply to the specific history. I cannot seem to find it.
6) when quick attaching an email to act. the email is still in Outlook. can this email be deleted ? or does it need to be filed in outlook in order for act to reference it later ?
Thanks in advance for the help.