Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

need access through web clients, but can't find Web Site Administration Tool.

need access through web clients, but can't find Web Site Administration Tool.

Dear all,

We are using Sage Act! Premium 2011 version 13.0.401.0

We now need to allow users to access the database using the web client;

the problem is that I can't find the options to configure the whole thing.

I read on the "Sage Act! Premium 2011 Web Administrator's Guide" that I need to use the Web Site Administration tool, but I can't find it in our version of sage (It should be under the "tools" menu right?)

I am also confused because I have read that there was a Act! Premium for Web 2011 version, but that it was later incorporated, and now the web function is included in the normal Premium version.

Do we need to buy a Web version of Act Premium 2011?

Should I just update with service pack 1 and hotfixes, and this will give us web functionalities?

Thank you very much,

Tommaso

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: need access through web clients, but can't find Web Site Administration Tool.

It sounds like you need to uninstall the version you have and install Premium Web
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: need access through web clients, but can't find Web Site Administration Tool.

[ Edited ]

Hello Tommaso,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Your purchase of ACT! Premium came with two discs (or downloads) - one for Sage ACT! Premium and one for Sage ACT! Premium (access via web). They are two separate programs, with the only difference being the web component. You will need uninstall Premium from your server, then install Premium (access via web) instead.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.