Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

multilanguage and other problems

Tuned Listener

multilanguage and other problems

[ Edited ]

My customers a fench and basically want to run ACT in French and not English.

He runs ACT Version 10.0.1.199

Non of you updates or hotfixes work in other languages than english.

I tried to install the first update tu version 10.0.2.xx

and ACT switch to a somewhat mixed version half of the menus where still french and the other half was English.

If you really don't want to work with others then english spoken, then don't sell it not either.

I believe I have to wait until version 11 comes out just to get the hotfixes. And the whole thing starts all over again.

Message Edited by adecrignis on 08-29-2008 11:27 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: multilanguage and other problems

Unfortunately, and this is my only really big issue with ACT! now, you can't change the language version. You must only use the ACT! regional version that the database was created in.

I know one of the European ACCs has the ability to change the database for a different version... you'd need to get the Fr version from Sage Canada or France and all users would need to use the same.

If you want more info, ask Ingo at info@crmaddon.com

Tuned Listener

we are using the french version from SAGE france. but as is explained in the hotfixes, they are only for English.

and this is a big problem I am still with version 10.0.1.199 because I can not apply the slightest hotfix.

The attachement problème is the biggest, but there are other problèmes, which obviously have been fixed with the hotfixes, and I can not install anyone.

10.02 seems to also be available on the act.com downloads page for EU... is that English EU only?

http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm?show_downloads=true&product=1&version=1&locale=3

You might need to contact Sage Plc in Eu and ask them....

Tuned Listener

yes it is only english language. I have installed it on my test machine, and half of the menus switched to english. I don't now of any SAGE PLC in Europe, and SAGE in France has given ACT to another company/subsidiary "CIEL" wich has absoluteley no idea of any support on this product.

Tuned Listener

In fact I don't really understand in what you say englis or french or any other language database.

SQLServer by definition is neutral. In fact the problème is the préferences, which are a bunch of xml files stored in you profile.

They just don't want to translate. because I am sure it is the same for any other language except ENGLISH.

Are there any Certified Consultants in France that you could ask about this? They might have some contacts in Sage that might be able to assist.
Tuned Listener

I will check on this, but I am sure it will not fix the problème, by the way I think if ACT gets there ACT together, the multilanguage implementation shoud not be such a problem.

Tuned Listener

I completely agree with you