Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

moving from Premium 2007 to Standard 2008 not working

moving from Premium 2007 to Standard 2008 not working

I have an Act! Premium for Workgroups 2007 database that I am trying to bring into Act! 2008. I followed the instructions to "save as" back to a Standard version. I then had to uninstall the Premium to get the new Standard version installed and now cannot open the database in the new version. I get the message that it needs to be converted and then an error "Exceptions occured while executing Db Schema update script". I tried the suggestions of logging in as Administrator, and also doing a schema rebuild with actdiag but still cannot get my database open.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: moving from Premium 2007 to Standard 2008 not working

Have you tried all the suggestions listed at these ACT! Knowledge Base articles - http://tinyurl.com/5txn94 and http://tinyurl.com/56327f

Also, what version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

If ealier than 10.02, update to 10.02 or 10.03

You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm 

Thanks for the reply. 

I have tried the Database repairs - but not the anti-virus so will look at that. I also am not sure what version but I am guessing since it is right out of the box it is not .03.

I will try those things and let you know. 

If anyone is stilling following this I am still stuck. I have updated to the newest release and disabled virus protection etc., tried all the posted solutions but still cannot open my database in 2008

First, was the ACT! 2007 at version 9.01? I've heard 9.0.0 had some issues with this.

I have also heard a number of users who said they moved the database onto another machine and it converted fine, then moved it back and all worked.

If you have a spare machine, I'd try that.

Failing those, I was also told by another source:

"Other than running schema fixes in Actdiag 2008, this must be sent to db services. No charges for this service."

okay here is the latest

I tried moving - I backed up the database, took it to another machine, installed Act Premium, (updated to 9.0.1), did a "restore as" and all was fine to that point. I then tried "save copy as" to convert to the standard version and I get a message that the location is invalid and I can only save to a drive on my machine, but I am saving to the c: on the machine - there are in fact no other drives, it is a stand alone machine?

I have purchased 6 copies of 2008 which are sitting waiting for the database to be converted. Short of any other options, how do I get the db services you mentioned?