Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mail merge multiple emails for same contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

mail merge multiple emails for same contact

So I have a friend to has been using act for a while, and when I told her I was working in act again, decided to ask my help/advice... and seen as I couldn't figure it out, or find what i needed from google - i thought id come to you guys and do the same ^^

She is using Act Premium 2012 v14.1

The problem she is having is that her contacts sometimes have multiple email addresses (for the sake of discussion, lets call them work and home emails)

When she sends a mail merge, it sends to the Primary (work) email for each contact only.

Unless there is no work email address, then it automatically sends to the Home address instead.

What she wants, is to be able to send emails to both of the listed email addresses for each contact, instead of just one.

Anyone know if that is possible? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonT
‎04-07-2017 01:19 AM
Administrator

Re: mail merge multiple emails for same contact

Hi JasonT,

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do this within Act! out of the box. Act! is designed to only send one email per contact when mail-merging. This is to avoid the sending of emails which could be categorised as spam.

If this must be done, one way to do it would be by exporting your contact list with columns for the various email fields, then formatting the addresses and using something like Word to process the mail merge.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonT
‎04-07-2017 01:19 AM
Administrator

Re: mail merge multiple emails for same contact

Hi JasonT,

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do this within Act! out of the box. Act! is designed to only send one email per contact when mail-merging. This is to avoid the sending of emails which could be categorised as spam.

If this must be done, one way to do it would be by exporting your contact list with columns for the various email fields, then formatting the addresses and using something like Word to process the mail merge.