Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

lookup from excel sheet

lookup from excel sheet

All I want is a program that can take an excel spreadsheet of contacts and tell me which ones are in act and who is their record manager. please let me know of a program that can do this.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: lookup from excel sheet

You could probably do this from Excel ... reading ACT! via OLEDB and using a VLookup

[ Edited ]

hey, thank you for the reply. 

Is there information on this here somewhere?  I am not sure what/how to do whatyou said.

ah ok...got the connection established.  i cant figure out the vlookup though.  i want to tell it to lookup email address and if it finds it to tell me what the record manager field contains.

Nickel Contributor

You could probably use this free addon of ours: Email Addresses Lookup

Copy all your email addresses from your Excel spreadsheet (I imagine they are in one column) and paste them into the add-on, create a lookup of the contacts, then select the columns you want in the contact list and export to Excel.  

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms

thank you all.  This worked amazing Smiley Very Happy

i have a question on ....ACT! via OLEDB

it is only showing fields/categories that were ACT defaults in my excel sheets.  I am wondering how to get it to show user created fields/categories in the excel sheet.  any advice?