Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

locked db

Highlighted

locked db

ONE OF OUR DB IS LOCKED AND WE CAN'T GET TO IT. i WENT TO ACTDIAG AND SELECTED DB BUT THE DB THAT IS LOCKED IS NOT ON THE LIST. ON A SECOND COMPUTER NO DB WERE LISTED. HOW CAN I UNLOCK IT?

WE HAVE: ACT! Pro 2013 and Windows 7 Prof

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: locked db

[ Edited ]

Hello, In this community there are experts who will give you a better solution, but this just is an idea...

A1.png.

..Log in as Act! database administrator user...

1.png

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

I can't get to "lock/unlock db" for the db that is locked to unlock it. In order to do it I need to get to the "tools" menu for the db that has the problem and I can't because I can't open this db..  

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Bob 

If the database is not listed in the ACTDIAG utility the database will not be on that computer.

You need to run ACTDIAG on the Machine that hosts the database.

How to unlock an Act! database 

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38801/kw/actdiag%20unlock%20a%20database

Highlighted
Employee

Following on from what Eddie suggested.

You could edit the pad file you are attempting to open in notepad

(Right click the pad file, Open with Notepad *One time only*)

The pad file would give you the computer name that the database is hosted on. You should then be able to unlock the database from Actdiag on the machine that is hosting it.

Regards,

Cam

Cam Mortimer
------------------------------------
Customer Success Team

A NOTE REGARDING DIRECT ASSISTANCE: I am unable to offer any direct assistance over private message. All questions should be posted publicly in the appropriate community boards. Private message should only be used for the exchange of private information.
Highlighted

The computer that is hosting the database does not list any databases when lock/unlock is clicked on that computer so I cannot click the db to try to unlock it.

Bob.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Again Bob,

Whilst I am not ruling it out. I have never heard of an issue where a database hosted on a computer did not appear in that computer's Actdiag.

Therefore, did you try the trick of opening the padfile in notepad, did it confirm to you that the host computer/server was the computer you are checking.

I think that it may be best for you to call the support line and have one of our technicians remote onto the computer and investigate with you.

Warm Regards,

Cam

Cam Mortimer
Customer Success Team

A NOTE REGARDING DIRECT ASSISTANCE: I am unable to offer any direct assistance over private message. All questions should be posted publicly in the appropriate community boards. Private message should only be used for the exchange of private information.
Highlighted

Hi Cam,

When I select the db List the following message appears:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error & attempt to continue. If you click Quit the app will close immediately.

Cannot open db "main_restore" requested by the login. Login failed. Login failed for user sa."

I clicked Continue and no db's were listed.

"main_restore" is the db I am trying to unlock.

I don't know who user "sa" is.

Bob

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Bob,

The username 'SA' my understanding is this is an acronym for SQL Admin. 

There is a batch file called resetsql.bat from the following KB Article. It could resolve the issue. 

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38193

Other than that, the other tools required to reset the SQL are not available to the external knowledgebase, therefore it would be best to call in and work with one of our technicians I am afraid.

Warm Regards,

Cam

Cam Mortimer
Customer Success Team

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor