Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

limiting access

limiting access

I have another question.

Is there a way that even if someone is a USER of ACT, that access to them can be limited to everyone except the administrators? 

We have sales people that will be using ACT via web and what would be good is that we see their calendar but they don't see anyone else's, is that possible? 

And we could book events into their calendar so that they can see what events are coming up that they need to be aware of.

Thanks again!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: limiting access

Hello mfroese,
All users have control over who can view/edit their calendar, by going to Schedule > Grant Calendar Access. Administrator and Manager users automatically have full access to everyone's calendar.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

All user records can always be seen by all users...

Also remember that history items are Public (everyone) or Private (only the record manager, not even Admins)

BTW: Greig... Grant Access is only to allow Create/Edit. View of Public activities is automatic - from KB 15284
ACT! users will have the ability to view the details of another user’s calendar unless the other user’s activity is private. In this case, the calendar will reflect Busy time for this user, with no reference to any activity details. If an activity is public, but the contact is private, the activity will display but the contact name will not. You cannot add an activity to another user’s calendar, unless you have been given delegate permission's to do so. By default, all administrator users will have edit permission. Any user involved in the activity can modify the alarm settings, priority and activity color. However, unless you are a delegate or an organizer for an activity, you cannot modify any other property of the activity.
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike 

I thought granting calendar access to view and schedule to a standard user would only give the user the ability to clear and schedule users activities, however i have noticed the standard user has the ability to erase, which i thought was manager and above security role only. Am i missint the trick here? I have been doing some testing by:

- Creating a standard user. -No delete rights.

-Logging in as Chris Huffman

-Created a phone call scheduled for Chris Huffman

-Granting view and schedule rights for the new standard user.

Logged out of Chris Huffmans account and into the new standard user.

-Task List->Filters set to Chris Huffman only.

-Selected activity i created for chris, right clicked and the ability to erase the activity is present 

This is not environmental as I have tested this on a Win7 machine, XP machine and win8(i know not supported)

Tested with ACT Premium 2012 & 2013

Possible bug? 

If they have the option to manage the other user's activities, this includes erase
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

Resurrecting an old thread here but I hope you can help me. What it looks like based on your answer here, and with my own testing, that as long as a database user is scheduled as part of an activity (even if not the organizer), they have the ability to clear and erase that activity.

Is there any way to remove the ability to clear and/or erase for that database user in this situation? I am trying to set up a system wherein certain activities cannot be deleted except by the organizer to ensure that they've actually been completed by the database user. However, with the database user able to clear and erase on his own, this system has some significant flaws!

Hope someone can shed some light on this, including if it isn't possible at all to limit someone part of an activity from clearing or erasing.