Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

limit access by User name

limit access by User name

I am looking for a way to limit the access to contacts based on the user login name.  Example -  our database has 8000 contacts, but when salesman "A" logs into ACT, I want him to only see the contacts that he is the Recond Manager for (which might be 400 contacts), not all 8000 contacts.  I have tryed using the access levels, but that only seams ot limit the users who can make changes to those contacts.   Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: limit access by User name

Yes, I have ACT Premium - I should expanded on my question.

Can you tell me how to set the Limited Access for a complete "Lookup" rather than one at a time?

We have lot's of records to change

Bronze Elite Contributor

I am assuming you have set up a team in ACT or if not the sales person is a standard user and you are an administrator.

Create a look up and the Tag all.

Go to Contacts at the very top of the screen and select Edit Contact Access

Now choose Create New Access List

If you want to run this without teams and the Users is a Standard User and Record Manager of all the records and you are an Administrator -

Remove all names from the list and just leave the USER (Record Manager's) name in the list.

Now run.

If you have set up teams -

As above but this time add in the Team you have created for this user.

Now run. (Note that anyone who needs to see these records will also have to be in the Team. Administrators see all records.)

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Mark,

specially for this need we created our tool Import|it,, you can download a trail at our page

if you have any questions feel free to contact me directly

Ingot Lange

+1 203 541 0040

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040