Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

layout design issues

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

layout design issues

I just upgraded to 2009 from 6.0 and everything works great except when editing my layouts I can not see the whole layout of a custom tab created.  When in ACT everything is there and scrollable but when I go into the tab to edit the layout I can not scroll far enough to edit things on the far right side of the custom tab.  No problem in the main screens just the tabs at the bottom????

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rap1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: layout design issues

Within the layout designer, go to View > Properties Window.  The Properties box should appear on the right side with a drop down menu.  In that menu find Layout (Form).  You should then be able to adjust the width and height to view rest of the fields.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rap1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: layout design issues

Within the layout designer, go to View > Properties Window.  The Properties box should appear on the right side with a drop down menu.  In that menu find Layout (Form).  You should then be able to adjust the width and height to view rest of the fields.

Re: layout design issues - unable to see or edit tab fields

I had the same problem after upgrade of Act! 6 layout (which had it's Tabs at the bottom) to Act! 2010. Editing the Layout (Form) properties just made the top section bigger but didn't make the tab field visible. To display & edit the Tab fields:

1) In Properties window select Tabs (Tab Control)

2) Set Tab Placement to bottom

The Designer then gives you a drag button to pull the bottom of the window down, then when you click on the horizonal divider you get another drag button that lets you increase the height of the Tab window and hey presto the Tab fields appear. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: layout design issues - unable to see or edit tab fields

This helped! Thank you! Once in properties I also found that if I selected the tab from the drop down menu and changed layout/autoScroll to "True", it fixed my problem.  I spent over an hour once with Tech Support on this issue. He even had control of my computer. His final solution was to start from scratch with a new tab!!!