Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

latest activities not updating

latest activities not updating

I am using premium and Outlook 10 I have no problem sending an e mail but the latest activity field does not update

E

Administrator

Re: latest activities not updating

Hi Elynn,

Do you have history recording enabled for Outlook?
This is set up on step 5 of the Email System Setup wizard. Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync

Yes it is selected still not updating anything 

Administrator

Do the contacts which you send emails to actually get histories recorded to them automatically?

The Email field under Latest Activities counts the last time there was a history entry regarding "E-mail Sent".

Act!_2016-10-18_16-37-12.png

No they do not
Administrator

There are a few reasons why this could be happening. The following Knowledgebase article offers solutions to these issues: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

Please try working through the solutions, testing along the way.

Hello 

Is there a way to update the latest activities after changing the result  when editing history? For example, my ACT email plugin was randomly disable so I had to go back and manually attached emails that were not captured. I then wanted to make sure that the history for those attachments reflects that the email was sent and not simply attached. 

Right now, if I edit the history from "E-mail Attachment" to "E-mail Sent" it does not get reflected in the Latest Activities 

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Tina,

The Last Activities - E-mail field is only ever updated when a new history is created with the result "E-mail Sent", and does not update on the change of a history result.

To update the Last Activity field manually, you'd have to add a new history with this result. You could then delete the history record without affecting the date in the Last Activities field to keep your data tidy.

You could do this fairly quickly by selecting all the emails in Outlook that weren't recorded in Act, then Quick Attach them from the Add-ins tab. Then in Act!, Lookup > Contact Activity, then select the date of the earliest email that wasn't recorded, and filter the history items to only include E-mail Attachment histories. You can then select all the contacts in the lookup and add a history to all of them at once with the result E-mail Sent to update the Last Activity date to today's date.

Hi Gary, that was very helpful. Thank you!