Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

issues after desinstall act2010 with trial 30 days expiration and then re install of act 2009 premium

issues after desinstall act2010 with trial 30 days expiration and then re install of act 2009 premium

Hi,

I have a client act 2009 premium french version registered on a windows XP3.

And we try to access by external vpn to a server act 2009 premium (windows 2009 and sql 2005 express).

It don't match.

So, we try to test act2010 trail on our test server for vpn. (desinstall of act2009 and install of act 2010)

And on my machine, I desintall  the act 2009 client registered. And I install act 2010 client.

I acces to the demobase, create db locally, but to access the act server (demo or created db) vpn don't match.

So, in our server, we do a new installation of act 2009 premium.

And, a friend which works with me succeed with client vpn access  to the act 2009 premium server.

And, on my machine, the act 2010 expired (30 days of trial). And I desinstall it and re isntall act 2009 premium.

But, I think the registry retain the act2010 expiration.

So after the first reisntallation of act 2009 premium, i see that it took a time to open the demobase and after it closes.

And now after, more than 10 installation (clean regitry manually or by software, use of ccleaner, reboot,desinstallation of all sql, suppress of act/sql folders...), it always open like this. It closes after after doubleclick on act icon.

Have you issues on this?

Thank you

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: issues after desinstall act2010 with trial 30 days expiration and then re install of act 2009 premium

You cannot open a 2010 database in 2009.  You will have to open it in 2010, save the data as a text export, and then in 2009 import the data.
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com