Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

imported user's database to create a remote, but activities are now mine, not theirs, how can i change this

Tuned Listener

imported user's database to create a remote, but activities are now mine, not theirs, how can i change this

I have 2 users that did not sync in the past, and want them to. So I got their databases, did an import. Everything seemed to work great, things sync well, except none of their activites were showing up for them.

So when I looked, it seems that when I did the import, it changed all the edited on/by to my name.

This field does not show up in the replace function.

How can I get their activities back to them?

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: imported user's database to create a remote, but activities are now mine, not theirs, how can i change this

You needed to export thier my records to the main database first. Then create a user account for them in the main database.Then when you import the database and specifi to include their public activities they will link up. You'll find that all their history entries and all their contacts will now show you as the record manager.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Re: imported user's database to create a remote, but activities are now mine, not theirs, how can i change this

So should I

1. delete all the records I imported from his database in the main database, including his 'my record'.

1a. get rid of him as a up user.

2. in his database, do a lookup for his record, then export it in.

3. then import his record

4. create a user based on that record

5. then re import his database

5a. not sure what to do about his my record already in the database?

6. re create a remote db.

Did i leave anything out?

Also, a simple way to do this now would be to just be able to globally assign him in the 'scheduled for' field, but in the replace function, I don't see that field. Is there a way to do just do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

I assume that you didn't make a safety backup before doing the import or you can't simply restore the backup and start over. For the most part your list is correct but I've added some notes and corrections.

1. delete all the records I imported from his database in the main database, including his 'my record'. This most likely won't delete the my record so don't include it in the deletion. Hint try doing a lookup by create date.

1a. get rid of him as a up user. You should also get an option to remove the contact record from the database, do so.

2. in his database, do a lookup for his record, then export it in. Do this directly to the main database and you won't need step 3

4. create a user based on that record

5. then re import his database

5a. not sure what to do about his my record already in the database? See step 1a.

6. re create a remote db.

This procedure is required to preserve the user as a record manager for all records including contacts, groups, companies, oppertunities, notes and histories. Because the user's contact record unique id transfers when you do the my record export to the main database, when you do the import of the other records everything that was linked via the my record unique ID will remain linked in the main database.

Remember, after you clean the main database, do a safety backup before doing the import. Wish you luck.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129