Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iOS Outlook Integration Like Salesforce.com?

Copper Contributor

iOS Outlook Integration Like Salesforce.com?

I've been seeing some pretty impressive demos of the iOS version of MS Outlook and how it integrates right inside the app with Salesforce.com.  Is this something that may eventually come to Swiftpage Act or is it unlikely given how little has been developed on mobiledevices to support Act?

Thanks

Copper Super Contributor

Re: iOS Outlook Integration Like Salesforce.com?

[ Edited ]

JayStyles,

Thank you for submitting your post. I spoke with our development team and they are working to integrate Act! with both Outlook.com and Microsoft 365 with the launch of Act! v18, which is slotted for launch Late 2015.

Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Scott,

So does this mean that there will be an Outlook Integration app/plug-in for Oultook on the desktop version as well? similar to what Salesforce.com have done?

Lastly, is there no way of getting the integration you speak of without upgrading to v18 given my and my business partners just recently purchased v17 Premium?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Also forgot to ask, will there be a similar plugin for the iOS version of Outlook? 

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Can anyone on the team comment on the above two questions please?!? The lack of integration on mobile devices with Act is a huge misstep, especially with more and more providers offering better integration with Outlook, not just on the desktop but on mobile devices.

Administrator

Hi JagStyles,

I've reached out to the product team to see if there's any new information to share.
Employee

Hi,
Yes, the development team is working on a plug-in for Outlook.com, and it is being built using the Act! Web API. I will have to do some research to see if Outlook on iOS supports plug-ins in the same manner as its web client. These are outstanding questions, though, and I appreciate your feedback!
Andrew Roof
Product Manager, Act! Premium
Copper Contributor

Salesforce uses an API of some sort on iOS devices so that in the Microsoft Outlook iOS app, you can simply swipe to the right on any email and it gets added to Salesforce.  In fact, it allows you to open the contact record in Salesforce directly from the Microsoft Outlook app.  It's extremely powerful.  There must be a way for Act to provide the same level of integration on these mobile apps.  

P.S - Nadella did a demo at the Salesforce conference demonstrating this which you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-TO43AKMUQ  Fast forward to around the 3:22 minute mark.  He shows how to add an email to Salesforce and even open a contact record right from Outlook in Salesforce.

Copper Contributor

P.S - Important I point out that I have no affiliation whatsoever to Salesforce and actually think they are slightly overpriced. I brought the information above to your attention as I think it's critical that Act start providing better ways to integrate across mobile devices. The fact I cannot accept an event invitation directly inside my email client on a mobile device is insane to me.
Employee

Thank you, Jag. Yes, the Outlook plug-in we're working on should work across all versions of Outlook (web, mobile, and desktop), and we will be working on developing a mobile application, as well. I do appreciate your feedback! Thank you!
Andrew Roof
Product Manager, Act! Premium