Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iOS 9 Scrolling in Web Product

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

iOS 9 Scrolling in Web Product

Is Act! working on getting their web product compatible with iOS 9?

I was told today that the reason I cannot scroll my Act! Premium V. 17 web product on my iPhone 5S and iPad Air 2 is because Act! does not support beyond Apple iOS 7.  Seriously?  Can anyone tell me if Act! is working on catching up?  3 hours of time with tech support today and a bunch of lies make me think I made a bad decision to stick with Act!  

BTW, if you get Pritam Thapa in India as your tier 2 support agent do not expect him to be truthful.  He told me I would be receiving a call back from a level 3 person.  That was not true.  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave Mc
‎05-05-2016 11:38 AM
Administrator

Re: iOS 9 Scrolling in Web Product

[ Edited ]

Act! v18.1 has been released today. This includes a fix for this issue among many other improvements.

You can find the US/CA updates in the Download Center, or below for the UK/EU updates:

UK

Act! 18.1 Pro - UK

Act! 18.1 Premium - UK

Act! 18.1 Premium Web - UK

EU

Act! 18.1 Pro - EU

Act! 18.1 Premium - EU

Act! 18.1 Premium Web - EU

See the What's New page for feature info, or this Knowledgebase article for more detailed update info.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hellowould You like to try with my V17.2 Mobile and WEB Demo server?

User:  Allison Mikola  (No Password)

Please make a test and let me know how it worked...  Best regards.

MOBILE (Safari for iPhone and iPad)   http://70.90.56.201:1350/APFW/m

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Hi Dave,

We're struggling to replicate this issue on our test devices running iOS 9. Would you be able to post the steps you are taking that results in the issue?
Please include what browser you are using, along with any other relevant info.

Thank you, yes. The problem is the biggest on my iPhone 5S because of the small screen, but is also the same on my iPad Air 2.  Both run iOS 9.0.2.  Up until several weeks ago (very likely the time of the iOS 9 upgrade) I could use Google, Safari or Dolfin with ease.  

I open Contacts and can sometimes scroll down, sometimes not. Then I will, for example, search "Tom". Many Toms are found but I cannot scroll down through them. In almost every case scrolling will just cause the entire screen to lift, including the blue bar at the bottom that has preference and log out buttons.  When I chose a specific name and go to that record I cannot scroll. If I am on my iPad I can see data by closing sections.  My iPhone screen is a real challenge. I have chosen a lot of info showing in Details. 

The best browser seems to be Google because on occasion on my iPhone I can swipe down and get the page to refresh, after which I can scroll on that page. The next search will need another refresh attempt. I tried Dolfin on the advice of Act! And Safari.  Dolfin is my least favorite because it reduces my iPhone view even more by having its own bar open at the bottom under the blue Act! bar. Safari is the same as Google but I can't ever get a refresh attempt by swiping down.  Prior to this

Note:  this morning during my iPhone test I have been able to refresh my pages using Google browser which always unlocks scrolling. 

Please let let me know if you need further info. My data base has 2500 contacts, some of which have much info. 

Dave Mc

My first try with your demo data base worked great.  Then I went to the demo Chris Huffman data base which had my same scroll issues. I went back to yours and had scroll issues.  I thank you for giving me this try. 

Administrator

Thanks for the info. I'll have this tested and logged if we can replicate the issue.
Copper Contributor

Hi Dave:

I posted this issue on the ACC Community and received one response.  The suggestion was to use Dolphin.  Unfortunately, the scrolling problems remain. Here is the weird thing.  I have an iPad 2 and upgraded to 9.0.2.  The scrolling seems to work fine.   My customer, who is having the problem, purchased new iPads.  

It is possible to downgrade to OS 8.4.1, but you probably need to reinstall all apps and synch-up music and media.  Here is a link describing the process of downloanding.

http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/16/downgrade-ios-9-back-to-ios-8-4-1/

V17 System Requirements do state that ACT! will only support iOS 6 and iOS 7.  Not much help, because Apple really pushes users to upgrade.  Wish I had an easy solution, but I do not.

Tom Koller - Cerfified ACT! Consultant

Administrator

We've tested, replicated, and reported the issue to the development teams for fixing.

Logged as defect number D-03657.

Update: I have found that if I reload the page that scrolling works. It is annoying but better than having no access to my info.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Gary,

Another defect which appears to have surfaced with iOS 9 is the inability to tap a phone number from the quick actions and have it dial.  It just takes you to the record history screen.  Is this one you have logged as well?  It seems most iOS users are updating frequently.  How quickly can SP respond and make the appropriate updates?  I already have many clients complaining about these issues.  

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com