Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to restrict contact modification by other users

how to restrict contact modification by other users

Good day everyone,

I've contacted Sage tech support about this issue and found out that it is not possible with a standard install of Act!, even though he wording in the KB:

Security Levels in ACT!

Answer ID 15284   |    Published 08/25/2005 06:41 PM   |    Updated 06/28/2012 10:28 AM

says that:

"Standard - The Standard Security Role is designed for users who only create, and modify their own records, companies, and groups. Standard users do not need to manage the contacts of other users. Standard users can delete records only if they are the Record Manager........"

I could be mistaken about how to interpret "do not need to manage the contacts of other users", but anyhow.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to restrict other users from changing any fields for contacts that are managed by someone else? I don't want to make the users "Restricted" as I want them to be able to create and maintain groups.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: how to restrict contact modification by other users

If you have the ability to view a record, a standard user can modify the fields

Re: how to restrict contact modification by other users

Thanks for the quick reply....i figured that out, but was wondering if anyone has found a way to restrict this? I'm only asking this because the Act! tech support person suggested i pose this question in this forum to find out if anyone has found a way to accomplish this either through a work around or with some kind of add on.

Thanks,