Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to Stop deleting contacts on Outlook while delete the contacts on ACT.

how to Stop deleting contacts on Outlook while delete the contacts on ACT.

We only want to import our users' contacts to ACT! and we want the conacts on Outlook be the main contacts.

below is the Sync setting:

All the options for "ACT to Outlook" is unchecked. we only check "keep outlook contacts" and "add outlook contacts to ACT"

(this setting should  put  contacts from OUTLOOK to ACT, but any change on ACT should not affect OUTLOOK)

1. first we sync by using this setting, and use outlook contact "A"  as a example.

2. we delete the contact "A" on ACT and we sync again "A" disappear on outlook ( that's not what we want, we want to keep outlook contact no matter what we do on ACT)

What I also Tried:

3. I tried to change diffrent infor on both A on Outlook and A on ACT. After sync, Outlook's contact overwrite ACT( that's right!)

4. I changed A' s infor on outlook and deleted "A" on ACT, after sync, the the modified "A" keeps on outlook.

We only want Outlook to overwrite ACT, ACT should not change anything on Outlook.

Please help

Bronze Contributor

Re: how to Stop deleting contacts on Outlook while delete the contacts on ACT.

I believe if you want this option then you will need to use a 3rd party app from www.companionlink.com and not from within the default ACT! settings

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

is that a completely different software or some add on ?

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's an addon ... although, I find 123 Sync (another add-on) to be a bit more reliable

As your testing showed, the only way it stays is if changed in Outlook and you've set to keep the Outlook when both change