Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how does the Outlook email integration work

how does the Outlook email integration work

I have ACT prem ver 17 and use outlook 2013,

How does the email integration work.

My concern is I send a confidential email and someone could see it, example, all of my staff and myself are users in ACT, If I send an email to another employee so the recipient is an employee but also a contact in ACT, if another staff person opens up the history will they see the email I sent?

Thanks

Rob

Administrator

Re: how does the Outlook email integration work

Hi Rob,

The Outlook integration behaviour can be changed on each individual email. If you were writing a private email, you can change the Act! History preference in the Outlook window to not create any history, or make the history entry private so only you can see it.

You also have the option to disallow email message history creation on emails that are sent from one user of the database to another user.

Hope that answers your question.
Copper Contributor

Re: how does the Outlook email integration work

Hi Rob,

I highly recommend a plugin to Outlook called "IntegrateR1".  Do a google for it.  It adds very easy to use buttons write on the compose email window in the ribbon at the top.  No fussing around with going back and forth between tabs to the Act Add-In.

Essentially, it adds two send buttons to the ribbon in the compose email window "Send To ACt!" or "Send To Act Record". The first one automatically records the email to the act record whose email matches the recipient in the email you're composing.  The second button allows you to select specifically which Act Contact to record the history to.  Then, if you use the regular SEND button, it won't record any history at all.

The beauty of this approach is that you can decide at the time you click send whether its important enough to record or not without messing around with going into the Send Folder after the fact or the default in Act! whereby it records history for every single person in the database.

By the way, I have absolutely no affiliation to the developers of this plugin.  I've purchased it for my 3 business partners as well.

Thanks