Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

good question - How to reassign the scheduled activities (Schedule for...)

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

good question - How to reassign the scheduled activities (Schedule for...)

Greetings, I have a good question ... After reallocating the "Record Manager" of a contacts group (with Replace Field Function) how I can reassign the scheduled activities with those contacts?  ... Schedule for....

(A single process for various Scheduled activities of those contacts)

The point is that if (for example) the sales manager is assigned to another department to hire another employee to replace its function (I perform the replacing process of the "Contact Manager" of contacts of former employee) and this is ready ... but now as I get alarms that correspond to the former "Manager" ... (How) now to become the new "Record Manager"?
I hope you can understand the question, I await instructions ... Thanks
Juan Carlos Otero
PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: good question - How to reassign the scheduled activities (Schedule for...)

There is a method within ACT! that you can use. It may take a little time, but it seems to work:

- Log in to the database as one of the users that needs to have the activities of another user transferred to them (i.e., Jack needs to have Jill's activities to be scheduled for him, so log in as Jack)

- Open the Task List

- Under the Select Users filter, enable just the old user whose activities need to be reassigned and the currently logged-in user

- Use a date filter if needed

- Under Options (upper right), choose Customize Columns and add the "Scheduled For" column. Sort the task list by this column.

- Highlight all the activities for the old user that you would like to reassign to the new user, go to Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste. The result will be copies of those highlighted activities, but with the currently logged-in user as the Scheduled For. You can erase the original activities under the old user if desired.

* Note that if the old user is both the Scheduled For and the Scheduled With in an activity, that two copies of the activity will be created...both under the currently logged-in user.

Try this process in the demo database (ACTversion#Demo) to see how it works before doing it in your own database. Also, it would be a good idea to back up your database before using this procedure. 

To do this for multiple users, you will have to login as each indivual target user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

I await instructions ... Thanks

I await instructions ... Thanks
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: I await instructions ... Thanks

I actually came across this issue just yesterday, never had it before.  I could not find an answer/solution directly from ACT, however, I had written a small utility in the past to change Activity Type (I had a user assign every activity as a meeting, and now they want to have some as calls, emails, etc.)

Anyway, I am going to look into if I can just change a few lines in that utility to change the Schedule For instead of the Activity Type.

Like I said, this issue just popped up last nite, so I haven't had the chance to spend any time on it, but if you want to email me to check the status, feel free at rbrdatasolution@gmail.com

I'll post here as well...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

There is a method within ACT! that you can use. It may take a little time, but it seems to work:

- Log in to the database as one of the users that needs to have the activities of another user transferred to them (i.e., Jack needs to have Jill's activities to be scheduled for him, so log in as Jack)

- Open the Task List

- Under the Select Users filter, enable just the old user whose activities need to be reassigned and the currently logged-in user

- Use a date filter if needed

- Under Options (upper right), choose Customize Columns and add the "Scheduled For" column. Sort the task list by this column.

- Highlight all the activities for the old user that you would like to reassign to the new user, go to Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste. The result will be copies of those highlighted activities, but with the currently logged-in user as the Scheduled For. You can erase the original activities under the old user if desired.

* Note that if the old user is both the Scheduled For and the Scheduled With in an activity, that two copies of the activity will be created...both under the currently logged-in user.

Try this process in the demo database (ACTversion#Demo) to see how it works before doing it in your own database. Also, it would be a good idea to back up your database before using this procedure. 

To do this for multiple users, you will have to login as each indivual target user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I owe you a beer....looked all over the web, called support, but they couldn't help because my contract was expired.

This works great and you can select multiple tasks to copy.

Many Thanks!!!!

Craig

[ Edited ]

Hi Craig,

Glad my suggestion helped! Since I made that post, one of our premium add-on partners has developed a free add-on that enables re-scheduling multiple activities...much easier than the process I described. You can check it out via the following link: http://exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=136

Greig Hollister