Search instead for 
Do you mean 

? for any Import-IT users...

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

? for any Import-IT users...

Hi,

Am running Act Premium 2009 (11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1) having just converted from 5.0.4.  (yes, it was a big jump)

I bought Import-IT this morning, needing to use it to update contact records with external data.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to properly configure the mapping.  I previously had used OakMerge back in the day to accomplish this.

Basically, what I need to do is set up the unique index between the Act contact records and the records in my .CSV file of external data.  (The relationship is 1-to-1.)  I've gone through CRMADDON Factory's site, the help file, the manual, etc.  Anybody out there using this tool that can explain where I set up the expression:

Act_Index_Field = Import_File_Index_Field

Any help is appreciated!    - Todd

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todd_2320
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ? for any Import-IT users...

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todd_2320
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike.  Don't quite understand why the index field had to be selected on the columns tab, as I thought that was just for the source and target fields (not the indicies), but it works now.  Appreciate your help!

Mike,

Similar question Import-IT:

I am using a Basic trial version for ACT! 2010, considering purchasing. However, in the "Merge" tab, it only allows me to select the radio button for "Create new record, ignore existing record." The purpose of my purpose is expressly to overwrite several fields for the same contacts, in which case I would need to select the radio button: "Merge records, overwrite existing data (only if exactly one record is found).

I receive a message in blue: "This merge-option needs criteria for searching duplicates. Please select these on the tab duplicates."

I should note the blue message refers to "tab duplicates" in lower case. Is this a tab??? I cannot find it anywhere. Perhpas this "tab" holds the key to my overwrite.

I cannot purchase until I am certain it meets my capablities. Hints?

Thank you in advance,

Marc Kostac

Did you select which fields to use for duplicate checking as per my post above?