Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

filtering troubles with opp and activites after upgrade to 2011

Copper Contributor

filtering troubles with opp and activites after upgrade to 2011

HI,

I just upgraded to Act 2011, hotfix 2- this happens on the server, with Win Server 2008 and also on an XP client.

In any contact, under Opp tab, when I try to filter by All User, it does not show this choice and the choice made does not stick when I look at filters immediately after closing.

If I change the Dates, then I get the popup error 'Unable to cast object of type 'Act.Framework.Mutable.Entries.Mutableentry field descriptor' to type act framework opportunity opportunityfield descriptor'

In addition, when I try to filter activities, it doesn't save my choices if i run a new search or if i close and reopen act.

I did all the act diag magic.  I have tried different users and reset preferences.

any ideas?

thanks

Copper Super Contributor

Re: filtering troubles with opp and activites after upgrade to 2011

Your problem seems to be one that is fixed after applying service pack 1. Download the right servicepack for your version,

I don't know if you're pro, premium or web.

Download service pack 1 Hotfix 1

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2729...

Download Hotfix 2 after applying the first one above

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

That should solve your issue. Look forward to hearing how you went.

Copper Contributor

thanks - where is the data that the sp1 would help?  i don't see that fix mentioned - or are you just theorizing?

will i have to do the upgrade to all my 25 machines? or can i just do server and a couple clients?

thanks again for the quick response

Copper Super Contributor

In the linked articles, it is mentioned which issues are fixed by the service pack.

Fixed Issues for Sage ACT! Pro and Sage ACT! Premium (access via Windows®)

Calendars/Activities/Alarms

• When right clicking on the white space in the calendar and changing filters, if users logged out of Sage ACT! and logged back in, their filter changes were not saved from the previous session.  This issue has been resolved.

You will have to update all the machines at the same time. I suggest testing out the changes in Virtualbox first. Make a copy of your database, update to the latest version, and test if that fixes the issues.

Copper Contributor

thanks again for the quick response

i think clearly i should upgrade all machines

however, my main issue seems to be something else, since there is no mention of the popup error 'Unable to cast object of type 'Act.Framework.Mutable.Entries.Mutableentry field descriptor' to type act framework opportunity opportunityfield descriptor'

as far as i can tell

or maybe i missed it ?  - and my user is reporting the loss of a filter setting when even changing from one contact to a new search while still being logged in, also something i don't see

so im hoping that i can fix those issues without going to SP1, as that won't happen until the weekend, and these other issues are hot

you know what i mean?

Copper Super Contributor

I think testing in a VM will help answer the question for you, but to me these lines indicative that sp1 will fix it:

Opportunities

• In previous releases, when adding a product to an Opportunity by duplicating the product, the currency fields were not included in the duplication.  This issue has been resolved.
  • When creating an activity from an Opportunity, the regarding field was not pre-populated.  This issue has been resolved.

What the error message is saying literally, is that for some reason it couldn't populate a field in the opportunity.

The easiest way to prove this will work:

Download Virtualbox(fhis program is free)

Install Windows XP or 7 in it

Install ACT!

Update ACT! to SP1 HF2

Restore a backup of your database

Test if the issues are resolved

Copper Contributor

i upgraded server and workstations to .1 with HF 3

still won't save activities filters, still the same error on opportunities

OPP error is present with all users and server

ACT filter problem is only on one computer

different users on that computer are the same

that user on different computers is fine, no problem

i uninstalled everything from that computer, rebuilt preferences, still it won't save activities filters

any other ideas?

thanks

Copper Contributor

any other ideas?

should i start a new topic, saying i have .1 hf 3?

thanks