Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

field data different in Contact List and Contact Detail

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

field data different in Contact List and Contact Detail

I'm using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 and I have added a new field to our layout. I have assigned a dropdown list to this and it has worked fine and can be seen in the Contact Detail view and I also added it as a column in the Contact List view.

One of the users of the database edited the information in the list view and saved but when you look at the same contact in the Contact Detail view the field is showing different data (another option from the dropdown list)  - I flicked back to the list view and the data was not the same data as in the Contact Detail view. Smiley Sad

I logged onto the database from a different machine and the information is normal for that particular contact and showing no problems at all - it appears that it is just for that particular user - we have restarted her machine but the problem is still there.

Why would this happen and how can I fix it? Many thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KerryCarpenter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: field data different in Contact List and Contact Detail

Any chance you both have sync databases? or are you both looking at the same master database?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author KerryCarpenter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: field data different in Contact List and Contact Detail

Any chance you both have sync databases? or are you both looking at the same master database?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider