Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

errors with ACT 2012 and Google synchronization

errors with ACT 2012 and Google synchronization

When you enter an email address for a contact in ACT, and it goes into the Google address book, it goes into Google as an "other" email address. When you synch from Google to ACT, only the "business" email gets put into the record.

Thus, the second time you synch your contacts, the email address gets erased from ACT, and you have to go into your Google contact list, change the email address to "business" and then synch again.

It's very annoying, and would be great if there were a fix for this. 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: errors with ACT 2012 and Google synchronization

I'm unable to reproduce the results you have listed.  In ACT!, I've added email addresses to a new contact in the 'e-mail' and 'personal e-mail' fields, which synchronized to the 'Work' and 'Home' e-mail addresses within Google.  Subsequent sync's left the e-mail addresses intact.

What is the field name you are entering the e-mail address into in ACT!?  To determine this, right click on the field and it will display as 'Edit *****' and 'Lookup *****' (where ****** is the field name).

If the steps I am taking are different from the steps you are using, please specify your steps.

Greg Martin
Sage

the name of the field is E-mail. 

I am using Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 1

I have screen captures of what has happened:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/831295/emailexample.PNG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/831295/GoogleExample.PNG

The person was originally entered in ACT, and you can see that I've emailed her before. But now the email address is gone, and is in Google as "other".

I had the exact same issue. We have Act Premium 2012, pre-SP1 (have not upgraded yet).

We have around 4800 contacts - and this issue did not occur with every contact, although it was around 500 to 600, and I had to manually go back and re-enter the email address into Act! - took the better part of a Saturday! I looked for a common thread - and the only thing I could see was they tended to have a last edit date of Nov. 7 - which is around the time of the first or second time I tried the Google sync integration within Act.

I then decided it may be best to use CompanionLink - as you cannot perform a one way sync with Google direct from Act!

Realize this post may not help much - but - when I had the problem I searched the community and could not find any other posts. 

i'm having the same problem with email addresses being erased.  how do i globally update my google contacts?  i have over 4,000.