Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error message: the application has encountered an error and has been shut down.

error message: the application has encountered an error and has been shut down.

Hello everyone,

first time poster...

i am trying to help my co-worker resolve an issue with ACT, we are running ACT version: 9.0.1.162 on a VM server.

issue:

When any user tries to remove a contact from the contact list, we get the following error message:

The applicaiton has encountered an error and has been shut down. After the error message the application closes. 

No major changes have been done to the server or to the application, rebooted server, tried removing a contact running the applicaiton straight from the server and still got the same error message.

I tried searching the forum for a resolution, but i was not able to find anything... Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advanced.

YH.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: error message: the application has encountered an error and has been shut down.

This issue may be caused by a damaged database or a damaged program.

Damaged database:

Does it happens with all users of this database?  Does it happen with the Demo database (ACT9Demo)?

If it is happening with all users and is not happening in the Demo database, then you may have a damaged database.

If you suspect the database may be damaged then follow the steps in this Knowledgebase article to run repairs:

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Damaged program (server):

If you have ruled out a damaged database or if the repair procedures do not resolve, then follow the steps in this Knowledgebase article to use the ACT! Uninstaller to remove ACT! from the server:

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Then reboot the server and reinstall ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.