Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error mesage when doing a Remote Database restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password is invalid. Please retype the password.

Copper Elite Contributor

error mesage when doing a Remote Database restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password is invalid. Please retype the password.

Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4

I am trying to restore a RD.  I did not set a password when creating the Remote Database. Nor have I logged into ACT on the client machine with any kind of user name or password. Why am I getting this error message? It doesn't even ask me for a password or login.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: error mesage when doing a Remote Database restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password is invalid. Please retype the passw

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: error mesage when doing a Remote Database restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password is invalid. Please retype the passw

tbudde,
In addition to the causes listed in the KB article, this error can also occur if you have not yet registered the installation of ACT! on the remote machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: error mesage when doing a Remote DatabaDse restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password

Hello-

I got the same error, I'm going to create a Remote Database ( do not use the "Recreate Database") Then, when you are creating, you will need to remember to type the ACT! database password you created on the host machine. Please remember to look carefully for the password slots while you are in the process, or like me, you will have spent fruitless hours trying uto figure out why the database won't unpack because you entered the wrong password.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: error mesage when doing a Remote DatabaDse restore: The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password

I don't recall what my solution was. I think I discovered it was a corrupt file and had to recreate the RDB.