Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email usage in WEB client of Act 11 APFW

Tuned Listener

email usage in WEB client of Act 11 APFW

Hi,  Will APFW actually keep emails and attachments if it is only accessed through the web client?  If so how is this all setup?

I purchased ACT11 APFW to use in the office and remotely. I was sold on the fact that it would keep copies of the emails you sent or received from a contact/client. I'm trying to set it up now and find that it won't work quite the way I was expecting. (no gMail or MS internet mail), hopefully they are working on a fix. 

Lets say that I use the Outlook method of connecting, I set it up as administrator, it works on my client, I set it up for another user on their PC and it works on their computer. When my 3 other users who only connect via the web, since they do not have local machines try to use ACT APFW, what happens to the emails and the keeping of them? Can they actually send out through the web client? If not why would ACT be sold as having Full Web Functionality?  How do I set them up to keep and use their emails in they only have WEB access?

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: email usage in WEB client of Act 11 APFW

[ Edited ]

Yes the web client can be integrated with you Outlook, the approach however is different, this KB, How to Install and Configure Microsoft® Outlook® as Your E-mail Client in ACT! by Sage Premium for W..., will assist you with the setup.

<Content edit: Fixed KB link>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-21-2009 08:56 AM
Tuned Listener

Thank you for the response, Unfortunately when I click on the link I receive an error stating that the document does not exiist..  Could you please repost a corrected KB article#

I've corrected Default's link.  KB #: 19465