Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email history, some of my users get history for messages they sent, others only for received!

Highlighted

email history, some of my users get history for messages they sent, others only for received!

[ Edited ]

I was playing with a report for history yesterday and noticed some of the email history entries for a few of my users said "To:" and then the person who got the email.  Most people, including myself only have history in our own records for emails we received.

I would like everyone to have a history for sent and received email.  Any ideas, comments?

Thanks,

Patty

Message Edited by Patty_Act_User on 09-09-2008 02:50 PM
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: email history, some of my users get history for messages they sent, others only for received!

The e-mail integration in ACT! only records the e-mail in the history of the receipient(s), not the sender.  There are two ways I can think of to get emails into the sender's history:

1) The sender can add their address to email in the Bcc: line of the message

2) You can go into your Sent items folder and manually attach the messages to your contact record

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.