Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email from history has blank body

email from history has blank body

I am a seasoned ACT! User since 1994. I now have ACT Premium 2010 and am using it with Outlook 2007 on Windows XP. I am setup to attach emails as "E-mail subject, message and all attachments". The problem is when I send an email, either by replying or by creating a new one; the attached history loses the email body. The subject and attached files are there but the rest is blank. In Outlook’s Sent folder, the email is there and fine. I end up having to delete the history attachment and manually attach the sent email from Outlook’s Sent folder.  Can anyone help me understand what’s going on here?

BTW I had the same issue with ACT! 2009.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: email from history has blank body

When you use the setting 'Email subject, message, and all attachments', in the history item recorded you will immediately see the Subject in the 'Regarding and Details' but you will have to open the attachment to see the email and it's body.  With this setting the email is saved in it's entirety and will be reopened in an Outlook window for viewing. 
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: email from history has blank body

I wish it would be so simple :-). I guess I was not clear enough. Of course I have to open the email in outlook to see it. That is when it comes out with a blank body. The email opens, the subject and attachments are there. The TO and CC fields are fine. But the email body is missing!!! When I look at the email I sent in the Outlook “Sent Items” folder, it is there and complete with all the text in the body.  It seems that when ACT saves a screwed up copy of the email before creating the history item.

Guy Cote

ACT! User since 94