Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

eMail history not recording...

eMail history not recording...

I've researched threads on eMail history but none that I have read offered a solution to my problem:

• Act! Premium: 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3
  • OS = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
  • Act.Outlook.Service.exe up and running in Task Manager Properties
  • Microsoft Outlook 2007
  • eMail Editor = Microsoft Outlook
  • Send eMail from Microsoft Outlook
  • Ad-Ins settings = public, eMail subject & message

Regardless of whether the contact is an Act! user in our system, or outside the system, no history records of the eMail or the attachment. Any help would be appreciated, and I am all too happy to provide any additional information that would get this feature to function. We are using act to track engineered project quotes and really need the eMail history to document the conversations between our engineers and those of our clients... Thanks in advance!

Bronze Contributor

Re: eMail history not recording...

Have you tested if you write the email from ACT! rather than Outlook does the email attach as it may be the address it is seeing is not able to find the contact inside ACT!

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks Paul,

The email history I am attempting to track is that generated inside Act! Premium. I have not been able to tempt Act! into recording any of the messages I send from within Act! itself.

Thanks again,

Colin

Platinum Super Contributor

Are the Act! icons/options appearing in Outlook (under Add-ins menu)?  If not, it may be that the Act! database has not been added to the Outlook Address Book.  Here is an article with steps: KB Article 21428

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks you Greg,

Act! Premium has been integrated with Outlook and the Act! options are present in the "Add-ins" tab of Outlook.

Thanks again,

Colin

PS (Greg), I belive  the article link you included is for Act! versus Act! Premium. I used the "Tools"\"Preferences"\"Email" controls and dialog boxes to configure Act! Premium to behave in a way that should result in email  history being recorded...

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is a more in-depth troubleshooting article for emails failing to record:  KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage