Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

dynamic group membership using a "not within last [days]"

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

dynamic group membership using a "not within last [days]"

I am trying to build a group who we have not made contact within the last 30 days, without using an "on or before [date]" that way if I use # of days the lookup will be fast and I wont have to manually change the date every time.

thanks ahead of time for your help,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author designbyjohann
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: dynamic group membership using a "not within last [days]"

I think I cracked to code....I used a formula "DATEDIFF(day,[Last Reach],GETDATE( )" andf then used the formula cell as my  rolling number

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Two questions, Which version of the ACT! program and is it standard or premium? If it is not ACT! 2008 premium, you won;t be able to do that.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I am using premium 10.0, I was on with customer support to ask if it was in the new 10.03.
Nickel Contributor

The Activity Report under "Lookup", "Contact Activity" gives you the same results pretty fast when you select the "Not Changed" radio button, and only requires you to set a "from date".

I just completed a report that provided the exact information you're trying to retirve on a rolling basis with a dynamic group, and it took me between 3-5 seconds, plus it allowed me more flexibility in deselecting certain types of contact.

It is not immediately apparent to me how to create the rolling dynamic group you seek, but I guess my point is you'll probably spend a lot of time trying to save the 3-5 seconds it takes to run a Contact Activity Report.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Contributor

thanks for the feedback, I run the report myself the same way as you did, I just wanted to set a group with additional criteria for team members and include the previous activity info into it, save it as a group and have each team member run thier report daily. Its just one of those things that seems so easy and out of the box function that I thought I was overlooking something simple. And although I agree with you 100% wouldnt it be great if this was a function.

Sorry, I originally miss read your question. You can't create a dynamic group like that but you can do a lookup using the Lookup | Contact Activity that would give you the information you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

so thats 2 out of 2 that say it cant be done, thanks for all the feed back, I guess I'll have to do a work around
Nickel Contributor

It's funny you report that, because I seldom find myself writing that it "cannot be done".

As my old ACT instructor kept reminding us, "there is no perfect software that is everything to everyone".

Act! is what it is. I am very aware of it's limitations, but I am nevertheless able to sell and support it to a lot of businesses that seem to love it.

Who knows, maybe ACT! 2009 will briefly be perfect, ... before it isn't.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Solution
Accepted by topic author designbyjohann
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I think I cracked to code....I used a formula "DATEDIFF(day,[Last Reach],GETDATE( )" andf then used the formula cell as my  rolling number

[ Edited ]

carlosb: please check your Private Messages

Message Edited by ghollister on 07-18-2008 07:44 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.