Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deleting files from a past employee's computer

Copper Elite Contributor

deleting files from a past employee's computer

I use ACT 2008 Premium. Hosted at a remote server. I am the administrator. I have an employee whom I am going to dismiss. She works from her own laptop at home.  I would like the next time she logs on (before I dismiss her) for the following to happen:

1)  Clients I've added to her database to be removed from her remote database. I can handle that.

2)  All customized templates to be deleted from her laptop (they are proprietary and I don't want her taking them to the compeition).

3)  Delete the customized layout. Same as reason #2.

I've called ACT suppoort twice this morning. On hold the first time for 30 minutes and hung up. Now for 15 and ready to hang up again.

Re: deleting files from a past employee's computer

Well, as far as I know, the only way to do this is to do the following.

2)  All customized templates to be deleted from her laptop (they are proprietary and I don't want her taking them to the competition).

- On the main server, move the templates you want to delete from the remote side.  Then you'll have to create dummy templates withthe same name.  WHen the user syncs, she'll get the real templates will get replaced with the dummy templates.

3)  Delete the customized layout. Same as reason #2.

- Move your customized layout and create a dummy layout with the same name.

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks. Support told me the same thing. But, that won't work. I have other agents that would log on during the same time. Oh, well, I'll just have to live with it.
Astute Commentator

You could just move the "proprietary" ones back after you verify that she synced. As for the other users, tell them that they should sync to get them back, or do not sync till you know she is gone from accessing the database.