Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

deleting an item in drop down list for a field

deleting an item in drop down list for a field

[ Edited ]

In Act! Premium (Web) Version: 18.1.108.0

When I try to delete a value in the drop down list by highlighting the item and clicking on "Delete" on the right, and answering "yes" to "are you sure you want to delete the value", I get bounced back out to the "Create, edit or delete fields" screen.

Then I check on the drop down list, the value I thought I had deleted is till there.

Very frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: deleting an item in drop down list for a field

You can have a drop down list set to allow additions but you need to edit the list in Tools | Define Fields to remove an item from a drop down list.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello,

That was what I was trying to do  - edit the list in Tools | Define Fields to remove an item from a drop down list.

But as soon as I clicked "Delete" to remove the highlighted item from the drop down list, I was returned to the "Create, edit or delete fields" screen. And the item I tried to delete was still in the drop down list.

Administrator

Hi mwolf,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have tested this using Act for web v18.1 in Chrome and can replicate the issue you describe. Attempting to delete a drop-down list value from Tools > Define Fields currently produces unexpected results and does not delete the value.

The issue does not occur in IE11. You can also work around the issue in Chrome by clicking on the drop-down in the contact detail view, and selecting Edit List Values (if enabled) and deleting the value from this window.

I've submitted this as a defect and will post an update update once I have more information to share.

Gary,l

Thanks for clarifying. I'll use IE11.

Mona

Administrator

We've logged this behaviour as defect D-04652.