Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

db expiration

db expiration

hi, i am an act newbie please be patient on possible easy questions )

I have an act version 20  installed on a win pc which connects to a web server.

I wasnt able to connect to sync to the remote db for couple of weeks now. Trying to figure it out.  How can i check if the database has an expiration set on the pc?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: db expiration

If you have access to the web server, you can see all of the remote database settings in Tools > Database Synchronization > Synchronization Panel > Manage Database

What is the error message you're getting when trying to sync?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello, Which is the error message when you try to synchronize ..?

The synchronization method is by internet or through the local network ..?

One of the possible causes is that there was a change in the name of the server, name of the computer that has a remote database, or any IP address because of the configuration made in the ROUTER to have WEB access and internet synchronization...

That's why we can help you better if you let us know which error message comes out when you try to synchronize. (Image if possible)

Best regards and good luck,

FIRMA.png

Hi,

Error message is, db hasnt sync for 50 days  if you dont sync soon it will expire. I believe it might be set for 60 or 90 days.

If it expires can I still use ACT to look up data on my pc ?

Thank you

Nickel Elite Contributor

and when it announces that it has not synchronized for 50 days, why do not you synchronize?

What happened to the database server or communication with the server that allows synchronization?

Nickel Elite Contributor

...the thing is... that the database must be in the same local network of the server - and that in the server the database must be open to receive the remote database

1.png

2.png