Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

data doesn't sync to rdb until 2 tries

Copper Contributor

data doesn't sync to rdb until 2 tries

Hello, we are using ACT 2011 (13.0.401.0 hot fix 2),with 2 remote databases that sync to the main datbase/publisher. Data isn't synchronizing until 2 syncs have been completed. Do we have setting set up wrong, or is there anything we need to check to be sure the information transfers in the first sync?

RDB1 inputs data in a customized field in a customized tab,and then RDB1 syncs. Afterwards, RDB2 syncs, but the data from RDB1 doesn't show in RDB2's database, even after resfresh or turning off and on the database. However, if RDB1 syncs a second time, and then RDB2 syncs the 2nd time, the data will appear in RDB2's database.

Any help? Thank you much! Judy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: data doesn't sync to rdb until 2 tries

Hello Judy,
After the first sync from RBD1, is the data showing in the main (Publisher) database? It may be a data refresh issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greig,

No, the data doesn't show in the main (Publisher) database when RDB1 syncs the first time. Not knowing what to do next, I selected F5 and  that didnt change. I logged off and back on, and the data still doesn't show.

Do you know what we need to do next so the Publisher shows the info in a sync?  The sync logs list success, and the RDB1 didnt' have any errors in the sync log either.

Thank you very much. Judy

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Judy,

Have you run any maintenance on the remotes and the main database? Specifically, repair/reindex from within ACT! and sync object rebuilds from ACT! Diagnostics.

Also, is this only happening with data entered in custom fields, or standard fields as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greig,

Thank you. I did run the repair/reindex from within ACT but haven’t received any errors on the publisher nor 2 RDBs.

I will try the ACT! Diagnostics on the publisher. Do we need to run that on the RDBs as well?

This issue occurs on both the custom fields and the standard fields (such as address & phones)

Thanks,  Judy

Bronze Super Contributor

Out of curiousity - you mention that you are entering data on RDB1 and and takes to (apparent) sync cycles for the data to appear on RDB2...

Now you may have tried this and your example covers over all behavior, but in case not:

A) What happens when data is entered in the Server/Host/Publisher database and then you sync RDB1 1x?  Does the data appear there?  And same with RDB2?

B)  Further - what if the data is entered in RDB2 first, instead of RDB1?  Same as you describe for RDB1 data entry?

Sync is a strange and wonderful beast!

I've just noticed the same problem on ACT! Premium 8.0 Version 8.0.2.82.  I have done the Rebuild Sync Objects and the regular database maintenance on the Publisher database but it's still happening.  It's happening on the 3 remote databases I have tried.

Basically, if I make a change on the remote database, it takes 2 syncs for it to show up on the Publisher database.  If I made a change on the Publisher database, it takes at least 2 syncs to show up on the remote database! 

What fixed it for me this morning:  I found if I go File, Save and then Synchronize it works everytime!

Bronze Super Contributor