Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

creating lookup of history record & creating history record for multiple contacts

creating lookup of history record & creating history record for multiple contacts

Hi - 

I am new to using ACT (using Premium 2011) and searching through these boards didn't answer my question. 

We run monthly webinars, but the registration platform does not synch to ACT. I would like to find a way to send follow up emails to webinar registrants based on their attendance or nonattendance. 

Would I create a history record for each contact specifying their attendance, or a different way to include this information? If I do create a new history record, how can I easily add a new history entry for multiple contacts (anywhere between 250-1,000 per month). 

As a followup, if I am indeed using history records as a way to determine who attended the webinar, how can I create a lookup based upon the history record? 

Since my organization is not sales-based, we don't utilize most of the ACT tools - call lists, opportunities tab...probably other things I haven't discovered yet. 

Really, any insight as to how I can create a lookup based upon a contact's attendance would be extremely helpful. 

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: creating lookup of history record & creating history record for multiple contacts

Hello Milnesk,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Creating a history item for multiple contacts is possible by using the 'Contacts' button on the New History screen. Performing a search for particular phrases can be done through the Lookup > Advanced > Search on Keywords.

Another option for recording the attendees would be to use Groups.  You can create a Group for each event, and then connect the appropriate contacts to that Group.  A search for all attendees of a particular event then becomes as simple as: right click on the Group name and select 'Create Lookup'.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: creating lookup of history record & creating history record for multiple contacts

Thanks for the response! 

The lookup -> search on keywords worked perfectly. Fantastic. 

However, creating a history record for multiple contacts is still an issue - it looks like I have to do this by hand. Is there a way to add a history record to multiple, existing contacts by importing from excel? 

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

There isn't an option to add a History item during an import, but you can create a Note during an Excel import using the 'Add to ACT! Notes' field mapping. It will only add it to the individual contact, but you can repeat the note for each contact listed in the Excel file so they all get it.
Greg Martin
Sage