Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contact

contact

I do not want users to appear in the contact list and this without searching
contacts for users
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: contact

I am not Act! expert, but I think everything Contact is User and Public...

One idea would be to develop an application for the Act! server (Act! Server App), with this application can create users and manage permissions, in this case users would not necessarily be contacts, but this requires a development which I do not think Swiftpage want to do....

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Currently any user in ACT has to have a record that is public.

There have been requests before to make the user record avalible as a limited or private record but as yet this is not doable. I needed this 2 years ago for a franchise operation client and Swiftpage missed out on a 150 user licence opportunity as the franchise owner could not have one franchise ACT user seeing another users franchise record.

Silver Contributor

You would have to set a query (doing a lookup) or set a dynamic group, and do that lookup first.There could be a workaround using an addin that lets you group first.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just to clarify again - at the moments there is no way to hide users contact records and no add-on is avalible that allow this.

Copper Elite Contributor

that is correct. All Act! User Records are public contacts. Been that way for 30 years.

A custom add-on solution could be written to work around this, but there is nothing that is commercially available today.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic