Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

characters vs letters in notes

characters vs letters in notes

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\uc1\htmautsp\deff2{\fonttbl{\f0\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}{\f2\fcharset0 Segoe UI;}}{\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}\loch\hich\dbch\pard\plain\ltrpar\itap0{\lang1033\fs18\f2\cf0 \cf0\ql{\f2 {\ltrch Perry just left for the day, call tomorrow.}\li0\ri0\sa0\sb0\fi0\ql\par}}}

This is what I'm getting in notes and other fields after I log in and have been in ACT for a while.

If I close the browser, re-open ACT I get normal notes again - but will show up like this again after a few hours.

any ideas as to how to stop this from happening?

ACT hosted online premium 

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: characters vs letters in notes

Hello, Two questions

1. Which web browser you use to log in to Act! Web..?  (Personally I suggest Google Chrome for Windows or Mac - or Internet Explorer 11)

2. What version of Act! Premium Web you have? .. or you mean Act! Premium Cloud .. ??

If you wish you can do tests with this DEMO server

CLICK HERE for WEB access (Google Chrome for Windows and Mac)

CLICK HERE for Mobile Access (Safari for iPad and iPhone - Chrome for Android devices)

User: Chris Huffman (No Password)

Best regards and good luck,

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Administrator

Juan raises some good questions - which browser are you using? Edge/Chrome/Internet Explorer etc?

Is this hosted by Swiftpage (aka Act! Premium Cloud) or do you host it yourselves on a server? If you host it yourself, what version of Act! are you using?

Using explorer 11.  Sage software people said to use explorer.

Using ACT premium web version 20.1.120.0 update 6

Swiftpage, explorer 11 per Swiftpage people. act premium web version 20.1.120.0 update 6
Thank you for replying.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi rcoppersmith,

Yes, some notes will looks like jibrish characters in both Act Premium for Cloud and Act Premium for Web. This issue won't happen all the time and hence there is no solution for this issue as of now. Resetting the browser settings may help you some times.

Regards,

Santhosh

Thank you for the reply.  Now if they  - swiftpage or ACT would fix it, that would be nice.  it is truly annoying and is happening more and more often.