Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

change main database for Sync

change main database for Sync

I tried to sync my remote database from client to parent host, but it shown that "it failed to find the main database" after I check the sync panel, it show that main database name is "database_1" but the correct one is "database" without _1, how to change it from "database_1" to "database"?

FYI: before this error the error shown is "accept incoming sync" which solved by turn it on from the parent host(server)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: change main database for Sync

[ Edited ]

On the remote database go to Tools, Synchronise Database, Synchronisation Panel, Main Sync Database Location, you can change it there by inserting the correct location.

Also check in Manage Connection Information as this maybe incorrect as well.

thanks ch1p for quick response, i tried to follow your suggestion but on sync panel, the "manage main database location" you only can edit the machine name of the main database computer(server), or it can be written with the path for the main database on the server?

I've been check the manage connection information as well and its already correct (port and machine name)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi again

I read that the server name is wrong, my mistake, reading again you state it is the parent database name but I am not sure this is correct.

When you cut a remote database it automatically scripts the parent database so this must have been correct at the time of creating the remote.

Are you sure that you are not looking at the remote database name?

Is it possible that the parent database was recreated after the remote was cut?